Friday, July 19, 2013

Living in the City

Ya know, even though I really miss living in the Country, living on the out-skirts of town really ain't that bad. Sure it gets a little noisy at times-especially when you live by a Hospital, and when some of your neighbors drive motorcycles- but at time it can be a little peaceful and relaxing. It might not be as peaceful and relaxing as it is in the Country but hey, its better then nothing.
 We still can hear crickets outside our window sometimes so that's definitely nice, and we get birds that like to roost outside our windows also, especially since we put up our bird-feeder on the porch. The other day I stepped out of our door and accidentally scared two birds away when they were feeding.
 After I put Gideon to bed on some nights, Mr K. and I like to go sit out on the porch and enjoy the evening together. Though we really can't wait until we get a house and be able to really set up our porch nicer and more cozy-right now we just got two camping chairs and a little plant to make this porch feel a little homey.
 Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for the place we have right now, but like my Husband says very often, "I can not wait until we get our own house, out in the middle of no where!". :)

As I'm writing this I'm sitting out on the porch with Mr K. and he's telling me about some of the things him and his brother did when they were younger. He said, one thing about living in the City you don't get as many snakes here as you do in the country. I replied saying that we also don't get as many spiders either. And he was like spiders aren't that bad, I'd hold on in my hand and have no problem. He went on saying that when him and his brother were younger that they use to pull the legs off of Daddy Long Leg Spiders until they only had one leg left. How mean is that?! Poor Spiders! Though what little boy hasn't taken the legs off of a Daddy Long Leg, I know my little brothers use to do it. :P  I mean, how would they feel if some big giant came and started pulling their limbs off, just leaving their bodies and heads to roll around? Mr K. thought I was very funny, saying one minute I didn't want having a spider around and then the next minute trying to defend them.
Some how after telling me about Spiders he switched the topic to a big fish story, how "when he was about 3 years old he caught this HUGE Bass Fish,
while his friend Zack just caught these tiny fish's". Haha, my life is hardly ever boring. :P But I enjoy hearing about my husband's childhood-even if he exaggerates on the details sometime ;) cause I get to learn something new about him or understand more on how he became the Amazing Man that he is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment